March 25 – April 2, 2024
Come join Jewish eighth graders from Miami and embark on a journey to remember. You’ll explore must-see spots in Israel, dive into immersive, educational experiences and make life-long connections. Your IsraelNow trip awaits!
Get a taste of what to expect
IsraelNow trips are packed with different opportunities to get immersed in Jewish culture and history and connect with Israelis and the land.
Visit historical sites and museums and go on an archaeological dig.
Explore Jerusalem and Tel Aviv and the breadth of Israeli culture in both.
Make friends with Israelis and engage in social justice projects.
Trek through the Negev desert and swim in the Dead Sea.
Mark your calendar
Find the latest IsraelNow trip, info session and orientation dates for the city of Miami.
“I absolutely want to go back! The whole time, I felt so welcome, and I made so many new friends (Israeli and American). To me, Jewish identity is about people. Israel was the place where I felt like I met my best friends in a week, and everywhere we went I thought ‘wow, these people understand me.'”
– IsraelNow Alum
“I’ve made new friends, I’ve learned new things, I’ve grown a stronger connection to Israel and Judaism. I had such a fun time with the people and things in Israel on this trip. Everywhere we went, I was amazed. Even more amazed than the first time I came to Israel this past summer. It was an amazing experience!”
– IsraelNow Alum
“Going on this trip was one of the greatest decisions that I have made. I have created so many bonds with new kids and staff. Everyone was so welcoming on the trip and made me feel such a strong connection to Israel. This trip has just helped me see the start of what my life can be like in the future as a Jew. Thank you for giving me this experience, IsraelNow!!”
– IsraelNow Alum
“It was such an amazing experience being able to connect with people through your religion knowing that while we all were very different, we had one thing in common. I don’t get to do that very often because most people in my school aren’t Jewish.”
– IsraelNow Alum
Frequently asked questions for Miami
Check out these top questions for Miami families and visit our IsraelNow FAQ page for more answers.
Please carefully read the fee schedule and refund policy below.
Total Cost of Program: $2,950
The generous support of philanthropic funds makes IsraelNow possible and drastically reduces the program costs incurred by participants. Thanks to a subsidy from IsraelNow National, The Center for the Advancement of Jewish Education (CAJE), and The Greater Miami Jewish Federation, the program tuition per participant is $2,950 in total. Grants and Need-based Financial aid are available.
Miami’s IsraelNow program, in partnership with Greater Miami Jewish Federation, offers the following:
- NEED-BASED SCHOLARSHIP: There are some limited scholarships available through CAJE and the Greater Miami Jewish Federation. There will be a separate Financial Assistance application to complete. To receive the application contact CAJE’s IsraelNow Program Coordinator, Claudine Ackerman at email@example.com.
- GIFT OF ISRAEL SAVING PROGRAM: If teens are enrolled in Greater Miami Jewish Federation’s Gift of Israel Savings Program they can use their funds to reduce the cost of IsraelNow. A Gift of Israel account may be used for a peer-based Israel travel program with Jewish educational content. In order to be eligible to receive matching funds for travel on an Israel program, a child must be enrolled in Gift of Israel for at least three years.
The IsraelNow Miami trip cancellation timeline is as follows:
In the event a change in external conditions between now and the start date prohibit IsraelNow, the Greater Miami Jewish Federation, and CAJE from holding the program, families will receive a refund of all monies we can recover from our providers less $1,000.
Cancellation before October 1, 2023
A family that gives the Center of the Advancement of Jewish Education (CAJE) written notice of cancellation on or before October 1, 2023, and completes the IsraelNow withdrawal form will be eligible for a full refund, less $500 non-refundable deposit.
Cancellation between October 2, 2023 – November 19, 2023
A family that gives CAJE written notice of cancellation between October 2, 2023 – November 19, 2023 and completes the IsraelNow withdrawal form, will be eligible for a refund of all money paid to CAJE less $1,000.
Cancellation after November 20, 2023
No refunds will be granted after November 20, 2023. A family must still complete and submit the IsraelNow withdrawal form to formally withdraw from the program.
Please CLICK HERE for a letter to help explain the IsraelNow program and educational experience to schools and teachers. This will be provided to your teens prior to departure so that teens can receive an excused absence for missing school days.
As teens start high school, there are many opportunities to get more involved within the Miami Jewish Community!
- Check out jteenmiami.org to learn about all the possible programs and community opportunities teens have during their high school years.
- We encourage IsraelNow alumni to participate in CAJE’s signature programs: Diller Teen Fellows (10th/11th grade) and Miami’s March of the Living (12th grade).
- Follow the Instagram account JTeenMiami to stay up-to-date on what is happening in our community and get involved with leadership and learning opportunities.
- Meet with a member of the CAJE Teen Department in person for ice cream, coffee, or just a Zoom to have one-on-one conversations and discover the programs that are the best fit for you.
- Engage in post-trip programming with your IsraelNow cohort and other Miami IsraelNow alumni.